Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Mitra! (Hindi for friend)





One of my best friends, Sonal got married. MARRIED. Jesus, I can't find anyone I like past 3 weeks! I gotta admit, I'm happy for the bitch! Although she lives in London with her new husband, as he's British, she had a traditional Indian wedding (in Edison, NJ - long story) with non-traditional parts, like bride's maids!
(From left: Boston Michelle/Lex/Sonal/Moi)



It was a 3 day long celebration with 6 ceremonies complete with 6 Indian outfits. (My favorite part) There was family from all over the world - India, England, Africa, and the west coast. There was a crazy amount of food, drums, dancing, laughing, crying, shouting, picture taking, safety pin saving, "damnit my cell phone is dead!" bridezilla having moments that I wouldn't trade for anything!

By the end of the weekend, I was ready to go on my first Bollywood audition!
Somebody stop me.
No, please, STOP ME.

Congrats Sonal & Gavin!! I "love ya to bits"!

Comments on "Mitra! (Hindi for friend)"

 

post a comment