Monday, May 08, 2006

Drowned Alive. Really?


I visited The Metropolitan Opera House to check out David Blaine's latest stunt. It's called 'Drowned Alive'. The title confused me. I mean, what other way would you drown? And most importantly, where's the illusion? David fasted 5 days before submerging himself in a tank full of water where he'll hang out for 7 days, being feed through a tube. So, no solid food for 7 days. Um, hello? People do that everyday in Africa for free. This Monday, May 8th, when David is released from his tank, he will attempt to hold his breath for 9 whole minutes, with the hopes of beating the world record - 8 minutes, 58 seconds. Um, this is what happens when you don't hug your kids my friends.

Talking to the peeps in the plaza about David was not as cute as I thought it would be. Sure, they were nice, but I couldn't help but feel a weird cult sensation. People loved him. LOVED HIM. Like really loved him. They thought his endurance was amazing. Then other people thought he was just plain crazy.
I got a chance to interview David. I was little taken aback by how cute he was! Damn. Now you know that's game. Pimpin' all half nourished and shit from a fish tank.

Check out WWW.WNBC.COM Go down to the bottom of the page to 'Must See Video'.

Comments on "Drowned Alive. Really?"

 

post a comment